10.09.2012

FRANCESCA WOODMAN





I watched The Woodmans last night on Netflix.  Hearing about Francesca Woodman's photographic work and work ethic from the perspective of her parents and friends was so refreshing and inspiring.  It's amazing how contemporary her images still seem (I loved that in the documentary they mention how Urban Outfitters' catalogue photography has similarities to Francesca's work.  I had never thought of this before, and now I don't know how I didn't see it -  it's so obvious.)  Beautiful, mysterious images that just seem honest and human.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this documentary about a month ago on Netflix instant watch. It was really interesting. I'd never even heard of Francesca Woodman before seeing this doc. It was amazing to see how driven to create she was and her photography was so brilliant and like you mentioned in your post, ahead of her time.

    ReplyDelete