12.30.2012

NYE GLITZ

When I think of New Year's Eve, I think of glitz, and when I think of glitz, I think of Marilyn Minter and Confetti System.  Marilyn Minter's paintings (yes, paintings) embody that "I've been out all night dancing in my best party clothes and I probably need a shower but I'm still rockin' it" vibe, and Confetti System - well, look at it - nothing says party better.



Marilyn Minter paintings all enamel on metal (I've only seen one of these in person - I can't remember if it was in New Orleans or Denver, but regardless it was awesome).

3 comments:

  1. amazing!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tassel garland stuff. I see that all over it seems like! I've been thinking I might even attempt to make my own...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should! i've been thinking i'm going to do the same. i've seen some great diys online using tissue paper.

      Delete