10.14.2013

ADMIRING EMILY MANALO RUIZ'S FABRIC WORKS

The incredible work of Emily Manalo Ruiz has to be my favorite discovery of late.  Vintage fabrics, raw edges, muted palette, stitching, simple meaningful (and at times hopeless or snarky) text - I'm sold.  Emily Ruiz creates such a wonderful marriage of the historical with the contemporary (which of course is a theme I am always a sucker for).

On a completely unrelated note, I gave the blog a mini facelift over the weekend and also updated the links page to more accurately reflect my current blog reads.


3 comments:

  1. Just ran across this - thank you for posting! I love your work as well - particularly your gorgeous embroidery. Is your work available online or perhaps a trade is in our future? ;)

    Best,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I do not have my work available for purchase online, but a shop is currently in the works (hopefully up and running by the end of November). However I would LOVE to do a trade! I'll email you : )

      Delete
  2. I am hoping to have a shop running by the end of November as well...so let's just be in touch! Hopefully I'll have more inventory soon!

    ReplyDelete