11.27.2013

SHOPPING LOCAL AND POP SHOP HOUSTON

I've been in serious Christmas shopping mode.  All of my gifts need to be shipped, so early shopping is a necessity for me.  It's not even Thanksgiving yet and I was already wrapping up a few presents tonight (I don't think the future owner of the items above reads my blog, so I should be safe). 

 I'm making every effort this year to shop all local and/or handmade.  So far so good.  I've found a couple of things at Space and Settlement Goods (which is where I found that gem soap above), and I still need to make it over to Myth & Symbol, Hello Lucky, and The Tinderbox (just a few of my Houston favorites).

I purchased a couple of gifts at WHAM last weekend, and this weekend I'm hoping to wrap up my Christmas shopping at Pop Shop.  The last large Pop Shop I attended was fantastic, so I'm really looking forward to it.   It's such a great alternative to the mall for some Black Friday / holiday weekend shopping that supports local makers and not... you know... Walmart (or substitute any other number of huge impersonal businesses).

  No matter where you live, I highly encourage you to join me in the effort to shop local, handmade, and independent.  It's fun, the products are extra special, and you are directly helping out someone who's out there pursuing their dream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment